Things from around the web, as seen on November 17th through November 18th:
- You can do it alone - Some good notes on the downsides or cautions of having cofounders.
- How many founders do successful tech companies have? | philosophically by Vibhu Norby - If you are going to start a startup. How many founders should you have?
- Why is it hard to scale a database, in layman’s terms? - This is a lovely answer that packages up a lot of very complex subjects in such a way that they are easy to understand and at the same time very easy to unpack and realise how complex they are.
- If engineers and scientists were journalists….. - Horribly offensive to journalists, this is the attitude of superiority that makes it so hard for myself as an engineer to work well with journalists around.
- Into the vault: the operation to rescue Manhattan’s drowned internet - Sometimes when I see pictures like this I'm reminded how much of a miracle it is that the internet works at all sometimes.